U-Visa & VAWA Lawyer Services

Peri B. Edelman has had many visa petitions approved under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) for both men and women.

Peri Edelman's lawyer services for VAWA visas and U visas have helped many individuals in desperate situations remain in the United States.

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows individuals (including children) who have been victims of abuse to become U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents without sponsorship from a  family member. Abused individuals can self-petition for a green card without alerting the person hurting them. U visas are another type of humanitarian visa designed for victims of certain crimes.

As a VAWA lawyer, Ms. Edelman knows the intricacies of the humanitarian green card process and will deliver a strategy for a successful VAWA visa or U visa petition. Though the process is complex, she will walk you through each step and exhaust every avenue to make sure you're granted asylum.

Ms. Edelman is also a victim of a horrible violent crime. Her experience motivates her to help people who are being abused and harmed, and she fights passionately for those who come to her seeking legal status in the United States through a U-Visa or VAWA.


VAWA Visas

  • As a battered spouse, child or parent of a United States citizen or permanent resident, you may file an immigrant visa petition under VAWA
  • VAWA applies equally to men and women
  • The VAWA petition is a self-petition and is filed without the abuser's knowledge. The abuser will not find out about the filing.
  • There is a large amount of evidence that needs to be provided in order to file for this type of petition. The petitioner also must be of good moral character.

Peri B. Edelman has successfully been granted numerous battered spouse petitions on behalf of her clients.

Victims of Criminal Activity U Nonimmigrant Visas

The U nonimmigrant status (U visa) is set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.

You may be eligible for a U nonimmigrant visa if:

  • You are the victim of criminal activity such as abusive sexual conduct, domestic violence, extortion, false imprisonment, felonious assault, kidnapping, rape, torture, perjury, and other serious crimes.
  • You have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of having been a victim of the criminal activity.
  • You were helpful, are helpful, or are likely to be helpful to law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the crime
  • The crime occurred in the United States.
  • You are admissible to the United States. If you are not admissible, you may apply for a waiver on a Form I-192, Application for Advance Permission to Enter as a Nonimmigrant.

Peri B. Edelman has successfully obtained many U nonimmigrant visas on behalf of her clients. She has even obtained a U visa for a client with criminal convictions.

Contact Peri B. Edelman today if you need a U Visa or VAWA lawyer