Employment Immigration Lawyer Services

TN Visas, H-1Bs, O-1s & more

Peri B. Edelman is a lawyer that can assist you with applying for TN visas, H1-Bs, O-1s, E-1 and E-2 visas and other types of nonimmigrant visas.

Peri B. Edelman's business immigration lawyer services have helped companies and individuals quickly obtain visas for work purposes. She can advise which visa is the most appropriate for a particular situation. She understands the process of applying for employment visas can be confusing and time-consuming, and she works to expedite the process and make it as painless as possible.

Indian business team

Types of Business/Employment Visas (most common)

H-1B Visas

H-1B nonimmigrant visas require the attainment of a bachelor's or higher degree in the specific specialty (or its equivalent) as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States. The position also needs to qualify as a specialty occupation. Most people think that H-1B visas are in the technological area, but many are not.

O-1 Visas

O-1A nonimmigrants visas are obtained by foreign nationals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics.

O-1B nonimmigrants visas are obtained by foreign nationals in the arts or extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry. Peri B Edelman, Attorney at Law has successfully obtained O-1 visas for a large variety of clients in the arts, as well as some obscure positions in business.

E-1 Visas

E-1 nonimmigrant visa allows a foreign national of a treaty country (a country with which the United States maintains a qualifying international agreement, or which has been deemed a qualifying country by legislation) to be admitted to the United States solely to engage in international trade on his or her own behalf.  Certain employees of such a person or of a qualifying organization may also be eligible for this classification. The items of trade may include:

  • Goods
  • Services
  • International banking
  • Insurance
  • Transportation
  • Tourism
  • Technology

E-2 Visas

E-2 nonimmigrant visa is for a treaty investor who is a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation; who has invested, or be actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise. This is established by showing at least 50% ownership of the enterprise or possession of operational control through a managerial position or other corporate device.

TN Visas

The TN nonimmigrant status allows professionals from Canada and Mexico to work in the U.S. Mexican professionals must obtain a TN visa at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy to enter the U.S. Canadian professionals can request TN status at a U.S. port of entry. Among the types of professionals who are eligible to seek admission as TN nonimmigrants are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers.

L-1 Visas

L-1A nonimmigrant visa is for intracompany transferees who work in managerial or executive positions in a company that is located outside the United States. The L-1B visa is for intracompany transferees who work in positions requiring specialized knowledge.

P Visas

P-2 nonimmigrant visa is for an artist or entertainer, individually or as part of a group, who will perform under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country.

P-3 nonimmigrant visa is for a foreign national who will perform, teach or coach as artists or entertainers, individually or as part of a group, under a program that is culturally unique.

R-1 Visas

R-1 nonimmigrant visa classification allows a foreign national to be employed at least part time by a bona fide nonprofit religious organization in the United States to work solely as a minister, in a religious vocation, or in a religious occupation.

All of these nonimmigrant visas are issued for a specific time periods, which in most cases, can be extended. After the last extension, many foreign national must return to their country of origin if he or she did not obtain permanent residence also known as a green card.

Many nonimmigrant foreign nationals who would like to obtain permanent residence in the United States, the PERM labor certification process may be necessary to avoid the need to return to your country of origin after the last visa extension. This is a complex and lengthy process at first through the U.S. Department of Labor, and then through U.S. Department of Homeland Security (USCIS).

If you need a business employment immigration lawyer, contact Peri B. Edelman today